As a business owner, you can actually use press release writing as a means to get more sales and targeted traffic online. Press releases are by far one of the best marketing tools that remained credible to online users throughout the years. Here are some keys you should keep in mind when writing a press release:
1. Have a media-grabbing outline for your press release. There are many sites online which offer formats for press releases. You can do a little homework and check them out. After having the perfect format, you can simply proceed to the next step, filling in the content. It is best if you have a professional-looking press release to gain your client’s trust in a snap.
2. Pay attention to your press release title. This will serve as your bait to entice potential clients to read your press release in its entirety. Make your title intriguing, compelling, and interesting. You can also include relevant keywords to make it easier for online users to search for your press release using search engines.
3. Do not make your press release too lengthy because your audience might run out of interest. Keep it concise yet complete with all the necessary information.
4. Be factual. Oftentimes, press release writers are tempted to exaggerate certain points to garner attention from their prospective customers. However, this only works to their disadvantage. First, it destroys reputation, and you are simply misleading your readers. Always go for facts in your press release.
5. Keep your press release short as possible. Press releases must not contain hype or exaggeration. Instead it must answer the who, why, when, what, and how questions of your target readers. Keep your sentences short and your paragraphs shorter to make your press release easy on the eyes and enticing to read.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to online writing success, ‘Secrets of Writing Online’
Download it free here: [http://www.secrets-of-internet-success.com/2ezwriting.html]Online Writing Secrets
Sean Mize is a full time internet marketer who has written over 1574 articles in print and 11 published ebooks.