Why Blogs Rule – Catapult Your Online Business To Higher Levels Of Success With Web Logs
By Mark Flavin
If your online enterprise has yet to capitalize on web logs, or blogs as they are fondly called, then you’re missing out on a lot of opportunities for heightened success for your business.
Indeed, blogs have become powerful online marketing tools in this day and age. Blogs, you see, have evolved into a social phenomenon. How many movies have you watched where the techno-savvy protagonist was seen updating her blog? How many books have you read that used blogs as a new point of perspective? How many news items have you encountered that trace their source to blog entries? How many television shows have you witnessed that made a casual reference to blogs?
Blogs have become embedded in the collective psyche of the modern world as an acceptable medium of communication. It would be uncommon to find someone these days who do not know what a blog is all about?
And what do these facts mean for the online marketer?
Simply put, blogs can help increase the prominence of your main website. As we all know, traffic is the lifeblood of every online business, and 80% of the traffic that can be generated for any website would come from the search engines. To secure a good position in the search engine results, you’d need to increase your website’s page rank. And one way of making this happen is to have as many back links as possible. Back links refer to the number of websites linking to your main website.
Want to know the current number of back links you have? Use the free tool at www.linkpopularity.com How many back links appear? If you have less then 3,000, you should strive to do better.
And blogs can help you do this in so many ways.
* Blogs are user-friendly. Publishing entries can be done with so much ease. You could include a link to your main website with every entry you post.
* Furthermore, with blogs, you could adjust the settings so that each entry would be located in one separate web page. This means that if you publish 100 entries, all of which contain a link to your main website, you’d have 100 back links just like that!
* Blogs are generally free. You could create an online account with www.blogger.com , or you could opt for more liberty and host your blog in your own server under your own domain, via a movable type blog program that can be downloaded from www.wordpress.com , also for free.
* You could create as many blog accounts as you want. There is no limit! And since blogs are very easy to use, publishing entries won’t be a proble, even if you’re maintaining a dozen blog sites at a time!
* If you choose to create an online account with www.blogger.com , bear in mind that the service is owned by Google, which is undoubtedly the biggest and most used search engine in the world. Blogger accounts figure prominently well in relevant searches with Google and MSN. What does this mean? Well, your blog has a better chance of appearing at a higher position in search engine results, hence, once a user visits your blog site and sees your main website’s links in its entries, there is a very high likelihood that you’d snag some new visitors.
* Blogs have communities of their own. There are blog networks, blog directories, and lists of friends in most blog accounts. You’d be able to expose your main website’s link to a brand new audience because of this.
* Blog entries can generate RSS feeds for your subscribers, and for your main website. If dealt with correctly, you could transform these RSS feeds in PHP format, which the search engine spiders could read. The result? Fresh new content for your website achieved in a manner that is most convenient and easy! And every online marketer knows that search engines love regularly updated content.
There are so many things working for blogs that internet marketers should pay attention to. They are very beneficial, and they cannot be dismissed. It would be wise to make good use of blogs today, and experience the boost they could provide for your online business.
Mark Flavin Is The Owner Of Mark Flavin Marketing. Mark Is An Expert In Online Marketing & All Make Money Online Topics. Mark Recommends You Visit Blogging To The Bank To Learn How To Make Money Using Blogs & RSS.
You Can Sign Up For Mark’s Free eCourse at http://www.markflavin.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mark_Flavin