One of the best ways to get your business, website, products and services noticed is by issuing a press release.
Many journalist, writers, editors, media outlets, and newsrooms use press releases to find newsworthy stories. Having your business mentioned in a publication or by the media exposes you to a large audience quickly.
Whether your goal is to drive traffic to your website or to launch a new product press releases are essential to your marketing plan. Webpreneurs should note that press releases can help in building backlinks to your website.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Press Release
1.To introduce the launch of a new business or website.
2.To announce the launch of a new product or service.
3.To announce an event or contest your business is sponsoring.
4.To announce recognition or awards bestowed upon your business.
5.To announce honors, recognition, or scholarships your business is awarding.
6.To announce sales and price reductions.
7.To announce new trademarks, patents, and/or inventions.
8.To introduce new employees and/or clients.
9.To announce joint ventures and/or partnerships.
10.To announce your businesses community and/or charitable involvements.
Online Press Release Basics
1. Limit your press release to one page.
2. Bold and center your headline (your headline should be descriptive).
3. Opening paragraph should begin with City, State, and Date to let the reader know where the release is coming from. Then immediately address the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.
4. The second paragraph(s) must be juicy enough to capture the reader’s interest while conveying your Unique Selling Point. This is the section that should motivate the reader to respond.
5. Your final piece of information is your contact info (name, address, phone number, email and website links) on the next line after your contact information include ### to mark the end of your press release.
Top Websites for Submitting Press Releases
Prwebdirect.com (Google PageRank 7)
I-newswire.com (Google PageRank 7)
Prleap.com (Google PageRank 6)
Openpr.com (Google PageRank 6)
24-7pressrelease.com (Google PageRank 6)
Addpr.com (Google PageRank 5)
About the author: Marenda Hughes Taylor is Chief Operating Officer of [http://www.1stloverecords.com]1st Love Records, a living life abundantly [http://marenda.biz]Motivator, and an [http://paidinfulldaily.com]Internet Business Owner