In this weeks recap, we go a bit all over the place to get through the most important topics we covered in the past 7 days. We talked about a study that showed the minor impact Google personalized search has on SEO. There may have been a Yahoo Search update this week. Microsoft says they will purge their search data within 6 months. Bing’s auto-search suggestions get more current. Bing also shows search results for related queries. Google increased the Sitemaps limit. Google AdWords now has four professional exams. Yahoo released the network distribution feature, finally. SEOmoz built Open Site Explorer, a neat new useful tool. Google Maps lets you add real time content to your business listing. Don’t use the same phone number as your competitor, if you don’t want issues on your Google local listing. Search for Jesus on Google Images and you’ll catch him smoking and drinking. Google continues to cash in, they announced awesome 4th quarter earnings. SEO is being trademarked again, but the story is different. Martin Luther King day was this week, we have the logos for you. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit “HD.”
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Study on Google Personalized Search & Re-Ranking Shows Minor SEO Changes
- A Real Yahoo Search Update for January 2010?
- Microsoft To Purge Search Data on Bing After 6 Months
- Bing’s Auto Search Suggestions Gets More Current
- Bing Showing Related Search Results By Default
- Google Increases Sitemaps Limit to 50,000 from 1,000
- Google AdWords Certification Program Now With Four Exams?
- Yahoo Search Advertisers Rejoice Over New Network Distribution Feature
- SEOmoz Builds Open Site Explorer, Community Likes
- Add Real Time Content to Your Google Maps Listing
- Google Maps Can’t Handle Two Plus Businesses With Same Phone Number
- First Image for Jesus in Google Images is Offensive
- Google Continues The Cash Drive: Revenue Up, Profits Up, Everything up (GOOG)
- SEO ≠ Search Engine Optimization, Rather Strategically Elevating Optimization
- Martin Luther King, Jr Logo from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, Dogpile & Others in 2010