Merry Christmas everyone! This week at the Search Engine Roundtable was a fairly slow week, due to the holidays. Some of the news I wanted to cover includes that Googlers are working on Christmas. Also, I posted the Christmas logos and themes from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, Baidu, and so many others – so check it out. Google sent out e-cards saying they will be giving $20 million in charity in exchange for sending out schwag to advertisers and publishers. Brett Tabke felt we got stiffed and was pretty upset. Brett later explained he feels Google is cutting on webmaster and advertiser support and relations. Also, Bing really has zero support for the canonical tag and I explained why that upset me. QuickMark QR scanner fixed their bug, which caused a major headache for Google’s favorite places decals. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable – Merry Christmas!
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit “HD.”
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Merry Christmas All & Googlers Working Today
- Christmas Logos From Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask & Others
- Google Holiday Logos, Also Yahoo, Bing & YouTube Winter Logos
- Google Sends Out $20 Million Worth of Holiday Presents in 2009
- WebmasterWorld’s Tabke: Google “Stiffed” Webmasters on Christmas
- Google Cutting Personalized AdWords Representative Support?
- Did Google Pull Back on Webmaster & Advertiser Support in 2009?
- Bing Doesn’t Support the Canonical Tag At All Right Now
- QuickMark iPhone Update Fixes Google Favorite Places QR Code Decals