The report provided influencer and demographic data and provides insights as to how information is shared during events. Some of the key findings include:
- Higher followership did not guarantee higher retweets but higher rewteets did require a higher number of followers
- Most active users were with tweets in the range of 1,000 to 100,000. Activity level of the users with fewer tweets was high. So, It is not necessary that people who are heavy twitter users will be the most active
- Embedding multi-media content may not be as effective a strategy on Twitter as it is on Facebook. The retweets for messages without images (31.6%) was almost double than the retweets received for messages with images (16.8%)
- The number of Retweets is significantly more when the follower /friend ratio > =1.
- Tweets and Retweets can have different activity peaks. Retweets followed Tweets for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.