Posted by randfish
Thanks so much for all your votes and feedback on our PRO Webinar Series over the holiday weekend. We received 285 responses and we’re taking your suggestions very seriously and conducting the webinar as you’ve requested
Here are the stats from the questionairre/form (you can still fill it out if you’d like to give more input):
Will you be able to attend the PRO Webinar on Dec. 10th at 11am Pacific (2pm Eastern, 7pm London)?
- 74% – Yes, I’m planning to attend!
- 20% – I’m unsure if I can make it (but would like to)
- 6% – No, I’m busy at that time (but would like to join in others in the future)
- 0% – I’m not attending (because I’m not a fan of webinars or uninterested in the subject matter)
What topics most interest you for the webinar (check all that apply)?
- 79% – Link Building & Link Acquisition
- 51% SEO Metrics, Analytics and Key Performance Indicators
- 44% – Social Media Marketing for SEO
- 41% – Keyword Research Tools & Processes
- 40% – Navigation & Site Architecture for SEO
- 35% – Content Creation & Optimization
- 24% – Avoiding Spam, Penalties & Filters
- 20% – Incenting UGC & User Participation for SEO
What webinar format would you prefer?
- 47% – 45 min. presentation, 45 min. Q+A (90 min. total)
- 37% – 30 min. presentation, 30 min. Q+A (60 min. total)
- 12% – 30 min. presentation, 60 min. Q+A (90 min. total)
- 4% – All Q+A (60 min. total)
Based on this, we’re going to be running a 90 minute webinar, with a 45 minute slide deck presentation (and possibly video as well, though it will likely just be of me on the webcam) from 11am – 12:30pm Pacific (2pm – 3:30pm Eastern, 7pm-8:30pm London) on Thursday December 10th. The webinar will cover the following rough outline (obviously, in more detail):
- Link Building Strategies for 2010
- What Goals Can Link Building Help Us Achieve?
- Bolster Individual Rankings
- Improve a Domain’s Ability to Rank Pages
- Achieve Full(er) Indexation
- Drive Direct Traffic & Branding
- The 8 Basic Link Building Food Groups (with examples)
- Manual Link Submissions/Requests
- Competitive Link Research + Acquisition
- Links via Embedded Content
- Content Based, Linkbait & Viral Link Attraction
- Content, Technology & API Licensing
- Link Exchanges & Trades-in-Kind
- Paid Links
- Link Reclamation
- What are the Right Kinds of Links to Accomplish my Goals?
- Links for Individual Rankings
- Links for Domain "Authority"
- Links for Indexation
- Links for Traffic & Branding
- How to Use Tools & Processes to Make Link Building Easier
- Tools for Competitive Link Research
- Metrics for Evaluating a Link’s Value
- Building a Link Acquisition Process (i.e. the "Link Conversion Funnel")
- Making Processes Scalable
- Link Building Shortcuts to Take (and Avoid)
- How to Get Your Community Link Building for You
- How to Get the Anchor Text and Target You Want
- How to Avoid Links that You Think Are Helping Your Competition (but really aren’t)
- How to Spot Strategies that the Engines May Devalue
- Wrap-Up / Q+A
I’m certainly open to feedback about what you’d like to see in there, and happy to make some inclusions where possible. All PRO members will receive an invite via email in the next 2-3 days with a link to register. You’ll be able to dial-in or hear the webinar via your computer speakers/headphone and ask questions via a chat interface. You can see an examples of a past presentation I’ve made below:
This lengthy one came from my HostingCon keynote and serves as a fun introduction to SEO (BTW – let me strongly recommend against creating slide decks using photos of a whiteboard; it’s fun and the audience likes it, but it took about 12 solid hours of surprisingly intensive whiteboard drawing and erasing, nevermind the editing, cropping and pasting):
I’m very much looking forward to spending the morning with our PRO members next week! If you’re not yet PRO, Scott’s got some pretty sweet offers still available including the SES Chicago ticket + 1 year of PRO for $799 (and you can trade in the Chicago pass for any SES event in 2010) and the Advanced Training DVD for PRO members at $199.
Note that the other topics that received lots of votes – SEO Metrics & KPIs, Social Media Marketing, etc. will likely be the topics for webinars in January, February and March.
Do you like this post? Yes No